Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bike Polo Mallets

Bike polo is the sport of gentleman cyclists the world over, but where does one go to find the accoutrements for said athletic endeavour? Traditionally l'équipement pour polo de vélo had to materialize by your own hand. Now I have the greatest respect for the DIY ethic, but I prefer to watch it from afar. Wrestling with saws, PVC pipe, and glue isn't how I like to spend my afternoons.

Now I assume you already have the bike, but lack the mallet. You can get the shaft (no pun intended) almost anywhere, as any old ski pole will do, but the head is the crux of the matter. Now if you want, you can do it yourself -- instructions can be found here, here, and here. Or you can take the lazy man's way out (my exit strategy of choice) and order one from the gang at St. Cago Polo Works.

[St. Cago Polo Works via Urban Velo]

No comments: